Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment to let me know you were here and please subscribe! K, thanks.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

2 more notes

There are a few other posts I found on Facebook that I don't want to delete or forget.  Here are those posts.


Good Dream or Bad Dream?

by Nancy Drew on Thursday, 03 September 2009 at 02:05
I have had a great week this week. But today, I feel asleep in the afternoon and had a dream about Mom. It was such a good dream, but it still made me sad.

The Dream

Mom was back home and was not sick. She was walking and talking. I was so surprised to see her because I knew she died. Mom didn't know she was 'back from the dead' (ugh i hate that phrase) and was wondering why everyone was so glad to see her.

She and I were sitting at her house in the living room. I said, "Mom, if you could go anywhere in the world before you die, where would you go?" (I have been saving money for my London/Paris vacation and my intent in the dream was to give that money to Mom so she could take a vacation herself. ) She said, she just wanted me to drive her to town to visit a friend. It was some old guy who's wife had died a few days back and she wanted to take a blue lamp to him.-- ok, there had to be something silly in the dream..that was it, i guess--.... She didn't want a vacation. She just wanted to continue on with her life.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why she didn't want to take a vacation. I was willing to pay for her entire trip. All she wanted was for me to take her to town. There really wasn't much to the dream except for the fact I wanted to give her all I have and she didn't want it. Or didn't need it. She was so happy and smiling.

As much as I want to go to Europe, I would give EVERYTHING just to be able to give Mom a ride to town just one more time. I miss her so much.

I remember...

by Nancy Drew on Tuesday, 16 June 2009 at 23:32
I remember sitting in the floor, facing my mom, with my head in her lap. She would play with my hair and rub my head like a dog. It sounds so silly but this happened a lot. I'm sure nobody ever saw her do it, but it was so relaxing. She always did this at night, usually right before bed. I was normally in my pj's and she was usually in her 'granny gowns'. This didn't just happen when I was little. She did this up until she couldn't sit in her recliner any more. After Mom started spending her time in bed, I wanted her to play with my hair. I wanted to lay my head on her and ask her to pet me. I didn't but I wish I had.

I remember when Mom came to Mountain View to pick me up from work. I was so tired and I fell asleep on the way home. Then she hit a deer in Fifty Six. I was jolted awake and I drove the rest of the way home because she was so shaken. Stupid deer.

I remember when I had a horrible chest cold and cough. Like HORRIBLE.. and Mom came to my house to help me. She stopped and bought me a little bottle of whiskey, hoping that would help my throat and cough. I never drank it. I poured it out a long time ago. I wish I hadn't.

I remember when I bought Mom a massage. She was so surprised. I bought 2 for her, I think. She'd never had a real massage before. She smiled so big when she realized the massage was for her. I wish I had done more for her.

I remember when Mom called me and Caleb n**gers. I'd never heard mom call anyone that before. She was in the hospital and Caleb and I were staying with her. She was asleep and she popped her eyes open and looked at us and said, "One of you two n**gers, go get me some water." We laughed so hard because it was so random.  That wasn't a word that we ever used and it just came out of nowhere.

I remember that Mom always ate a snack at night. Sometimes, her food was yummy stuff like chopped apples and grapes, popcorn, or 1/2 cheese sandwich. But sometimes, mom would choose the oddest food. One of her fave snacks was a honey graham cracker with american cheese and buttermilk to drink. It always sounded gross to me, but she loved it.

I remember when Mom was making pies at Blue Sky and Caleb decided to moon her. When Mom turned and saw Caleb's butt, she sprayed his crack with non-stick spray then went back to making her pies. It was awesome how she filled his crack with Pam like it was nothing.. So great!

25 random things. UGH...

by Nancy Drew on Friday, 30 January 2009 at 02:58


So, I've been tagged on this silly thing 4 times already.. so.. here ya go!!!

Once you've been tagged you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to "notes" under the tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app). Then click publish.)


Ready?

1. I have a passion for arts and crafts. Especially painting with acrylics.

2. I usually don't wear makeup when I wear my glasses.

3. I never wear shorts.

4. I love TLC and the Discovery Health Channel.

5. When I wrecked my truck in 2007, I cried until the other guy's truck caught on fire. Then I laughed.

6. I taught my cockatiel, McLovin, to whistle the Andy Griffith Show theme song.

7. The smell of vinegar makes me angry. Sometimes it makes me cry. I have no explaination for this.

8. I love peanut butter, but I hate peanuts.

9. My dream job would be to open an animal sanctuary for abandoned or abused pets.

10. I am bipolar, but few people know that about me.

11. I am addicted to tattoos. I have 4 of them and I want more.

12. Football confuses me. I don't understand the game at all.

13. I own many gay movies...--Philadelphia, Boat Trip, Brokeback Mountain, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Rent, The Truth about Jane, Kissing Jessica Stein, Saving Face...and more.

14. I love writing poetry and fiction. I was writing a novel..but my computer crashed and I didn't have a back up disk... :((

15. I have insomnia.

16. If I ever build a house, I want a toilet in the library. :)

17. I have never finished a sudoku or crossword puzzle.

18. I fear rejection.

19. Dora the Explorer is on tv every morning when I wake up.

20. I'm allergic to bubble bath.

21. I love musicals.

22. I've been to Graceland twice, but I did not go on the tour because I was afraid I would cry.

23. I send cards and letters more than I send emails.

24. I once put cream cheese in my sister's deodorant. omg.. so funny!

25. I love getting comments on this junk I write. :P
So the posts about my mom, obviously I just didn't want to forget.  I wrote them for a reason.  The random fact post was so dumb but there are a few things in there that are still true and I like going back and reading what I was like in the past.
~Nancy Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment