Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment to let me know you were here and please subscribe! K, thanks.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stupid AT&T and my motorboating dog

I'm not entirely sure if I should call AT&T stupid or if that insult should be directed toward myself for having their service.  When I signed up for internet service in September of last year, I had a promotion for $19.95 per month for 12 months.  My first bill had the full price of $40.  Fine.  I called AT&T to make sure I was under the promotional contract.  The representative for AT&T explained that the first two bills would be at full price, then the $19.95 price plus credits from my first two statements would be applied. My fifth payment is due this month and I'm still paying $40 and have not received any credits.  I have called multiple times asking when I am getting my credits and when I can stop paying $40 each month.  Today, after being transferred four times, I was told that they have resolved the issue and the promotion and credits will be applied within the next two statements.  Really?  So, again I have to pay $40?  It's not a huge deal since it's only $40 and that won't break the bank, but that's not what I was offered when I signed up.  After speaking with the fifth customer service rep today, I was informed that I still have to pay the $40 each month until the invoice indicates otherwise.  Their customer service is a joke.  When they advertise a promotion of half price internet service for 12 months, what they really means is that you will pay full price for at least 7 months before seeing any savings.  The only positive thing I can say is that the actual internet service itself is really good.  I have yet to have any problems staying connected to the internet... knock on wood.  I just can't WAIT to see my next two statements.

Now.. on to my motorboating dog, Scuba Steve.  If anyone reading this is unaware of the definition of 'motorboating,' please allow urbandictionary.com to explain.  According to www.urbandictionary.com, motorboating is defined as:  "The placement of one's face, specifically the mouth, into the area between a well-endowed woman's breasts, followed by a rapid shaking of the face in a side-to-side motion accompanied by yelling. The resulting sound that is created sounds similar to an outboard boat motor."  My great dane does this.  He doesn't yell exactly, but he does in fact grunt and snort.  I think that's close enough.  He does this all the time.  He does this not only to me, but also women he meets in the pet store, vet office, or walking on the street.  The first time I was embarrassed by him, he motorboated the vet nurse who always takes care of us when any of my boys visit.  This vet nurse in particular is the one I've had a crush on for almost 3 years.  Apparently, Scuba Steve likes her goodies too.


This morning, for the second morning in a row, I woke up to Steve falling off the bed.  We have a king size bed but he has been insisting on sleeping on my right side.  I sleep on the right side of the bed.  So, today I realized that he has been inching his way to taking over MY SIDE of the bed.  I know he's spoiled... but this is nuts!  I just can't help but love him.

Here are a few pics of Scuba Steve having Bert as a snack.  He might have even motorboated him a couple times too.




~Nancy Drew


No comments:

Post a Comment